1. You’re there to simply sell, and nothing else. Forget about making a sale for a second, and just communicate, and have fun.
2. You don’t have a plan just like me. Create a marketing strategy, and no, this doesn’t have to be how you’re going to sell more products either. But how to successfully communicate your brand, grow a vibrant community that do nothing else but talk about you everywhere. Think of viral?
3. You’re not consistent, again just like me. Don’t let a day go by without tweeting or updating your page status on Facebook or whichever social media channels you’re on. It might just be what your followers are craving for all day. An update or tweet might just be what went down at the office or any funny encounter with a customer. Be creative about this, there are lots of things to talk about. Make it fun.
4. You’re still making this a one way communication. Listen to your followers/fans and respond appropriately. It’s about relationship, and you can’t build it without listening and responding.
5. You just don’t know what you’re doing on social media. You don’t even have a strategy, no game plan.
Is this you?